This module provides you with the opportunity to focus on an aspect of Printed Textiles and Surface Pattern Design that you would like to investigate further in an independent and professional manner.
Before embarking on the project you are advised to review your second year portfolio of work, analyse strengths and needs and aim to address any areas which you feel are underdeveloped.
You should be thinking about your personal design direction and methods of working. At this point in second year your personal handwriting and individual style should be becoming evident – review your work to date and reflect on what you feel this may be and the direction you wish to pursue.
You are required to identify an area for focused investigation within a design market of your choosing (fashion, interiors, greetings etc.). You will produce a collection of outcomes appropriate to your chosen market.
Proposal and Visual Research;
This project requires careful planning on your behalf, realistic goals, professional execution and good time management. This is a 8 week module so you must ensure that you are focused and working at a sufficient pace, don’t leave everything to the last minute! The first stage is to identify a market and produce a research and design proposal.
- A Proposal
- A Concept Board
- A folio of drawing development (including 2x A2 drawing development sheets
- Identify appropriate journals and written research to help inform your ideas
- 2 x A2 portfolio drawings
- 2 x company profiles – outlining your understanding of market
- A collection of final outcomes appropriate to your market/proposal (including 2 designs shown in an alternative colourway)
- Visualisation Boards
- A verbal presentation of your design collection