A router is used to rout out (hollow out) a piece of wood.
Technician will set up the Router –
- Set the height
- Set the Blade (variations of blades are kept in the cabinet above)
- Set the blade fence/ guard down for safety
- Set the clamps in place to hold base wood
- Turn on the ventilation system (removes dust)
- Finally turn the power on
The router is now ready to use.
Points to consider –
- It is always better to use a larger piece of wood as you have more control. Small pieces are difficult to use and there is more risk of you getting hurt.
- Check the direction of the blade, this will deturmine which direction to move the wood in.