Creating marble patterns with ink and water.
- Drop marble inks into a bath of water
- Create pattern by swirling inks with a paintbrush
- Lay the paper on top of the surface
- Leave in for 10 seconds until marble inks can be seen through
- Pick out paper and leave to dry thoroughly
I wanted to experiment a little further with these inks.
- I tried dripping the inks and not mixing with a brush to see how that would effect the pattern.
- I also tried submerging the paper further to see what would happen.
- I tried different types of paper including the handmade paper and newsprint i had done previously.
- As the handmade paper seemed to soak up the water, I tried dripping the marble ink straight from the bottle onto the paper.
I have created a good selection of papers from the marble inks experiments which i am going to use in a variety of ways to explore layers and layering.