Roisin Johns graduated from Leeds College of Art in 2013 and has recently just completed her Masters at Central St. Martins in material Futures.
I found it very interesting to listen to what she had to say about how she got to where she is now. She has been through the education process that we are currently pursuing so it was good to hear her view and for us to be given some advise to help us in our tracks.
Some points i noted from her talk included:
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and exhibitions
- Keep the quality throughout
- Photograph everything well
- Remember the reason behind why your doing what your doing
- Be confident with your work and OWN IT!
- Think about where i want to be after the 3 years
- Think about who i want to work with
- Use every opportunity to try out workshops